Okay,so I've been hearing a lot lately that people don't understand why all of a sudden sneakers have been the thing to have and what do they have to do with Hip-Hop...
Well this is just my own opinion,feel free to tell me what YOU think.B-Boys,Run DMC even UNI have been known for expressing themselves throught their sneakers.Whether it be Run DMC's ADIDAS with no laces or UNI's hit K.R.E.A.M(KicksRuleEverythingAroundMe) sneakers are becoming part of Hip-Hop's culture.Hip-Hop over the years has been creating new genres of music and what I think a lot of people have to understand is that not only is it creating new genres of music but it's creating a lifestlye.To me,Hip Hop isn't just a genre of music,it's a lifestyle,even a fashion trend and for some,sneakers are a lifestyle.Believe it or not there are people that stand out in the cold or underneith the scorching sun for hours on end waitng for a certain shoe to be released,some even go as far as to sleep outside the shop for days just so they can be the first one to 'cop a limited edition shoe.But like I said,this is just my opinion as to why the sneaker fetish has began to sweep its way across Hip Hop.And even if it doesn't have anything to do with Hip Hop,just let people do them.If their thing is sneakers,then so be it-I mean,I know people that are obsessed & I mean OBSESSED with Hop Hop to the point where every bulletin they post on Myspace or every conversation they have with someone somehow leads to Hip-Hop.Sneakers are something that can set you apart from the crowd or as I have recently seen-it can also make you closer to a crowd.It's a fashion trend that has been evolving since the begining of Hip Hop.Take my father for example,he still has his first pair of Pumas from back in '75,never wears there and their still in good condition and he'll be the first to educate you on a pair of old school sneakers.So see,the fetish has been around forever,its just that more recently we have seen that it is making a huge comeback because Hip-Hop is slowly making a comeback as well.But I guess just let people be themselves and don't worry about it.If sneakers are their thing or if anything else is their thing then so be it.I know i rambled and I know that it probebly didn't make a whole lot of sense...so just watch the video and I think you'll see where I'm getting at...
[stole the videos from Kris]
No comments:
Post a Comment